Thursday 2 October 2014

Autumn Staples: Make up

Autumn Staples:

Makeup.

Autumn is officially here already! That means it's time to whip out your long lasting make up, woolly jumpers and trusty boots. It may just be me but in the colder months I tend to lean more towards the matte side of things, my favourite foundation this summer had been the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum. It gave the perfect semi dewy finish for summer, I have oily skin and I hadn't expected it to work so well! But for the past few weeks I have been reaching for my longer lasting, more matte make up goodies. Here are my picks:

autumn makeup
autumn make up
mac honeylove lipstick, maybelline superstay lipstick always plum
(Swatches are Left - Mac Honeylove and Right - Maybelline SuperStay Lipstick in 260 Always Plum)

From left to right they are:
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer - (Shade 10) I wear the lightest colour, not only because I'm pale but the highlighting effect really brightens the face. I switch to this concealer over Autumn/winter as it's so hydrating, unlike the Bobbi Brown 'creamy concealer' which is everything but!
Maybelline SuperStay 14hr Lipstick - (Shade 260 Always Plum) I know of some people that really don't get along with this lipstick or find it too matte, but for me this is amazing! Very intense colour pay off from the whole line, a little drying but nothing a little lip balm can't sort out. This colour in particular I love because of the vampy rich look it gives, which many seem to love this time of year.
Mac - (Matte finish, shade Honeylove) Yet another matte lipstick, but mac's formulas I find so creamy even when it is matte, so it's very comfortable on the lips. All year round a nude lip is perfect, this one especially for the matte finish but also the shading is quite close to that of Kylie Jenner's, lips that everyone seems to want to get!
Revlon ColourStay Foundation - (Ivory, Combination/oily) This is my foundation of choice for Autumn/Winter, as with every year's trends skin starts to go matter, more perfected. Usually I like to use matte foundations all year round because I was so oily, but I've found getting older my skin is getting dryer. But either way I still love my trusty Revlon ColourStay, it still allows my skin to breathe and gets a little shiny by the end of the day which looks healthy to me.
Benefit The Pore Fessional - One of my favourite primers, this one is more silicone based rather than water based. I find these type of primers just glide over the skin better, making pores and lines look almost airbrushed. This just makes the skin look so flawless and makes the foundation last much longer, which is what we need in colder and probably wetter weather!
Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadow - (shade 1 Bone) I first bought this last winter, now I don't know how I got by without it! This cream shadow really mattes down the eyelids and creates a neutral base to add shadows to, I have had very oily eyelids for a long time and couldn't really wear much more than eyeliner. This cream shadow creates a great barrier against oils and keeps shadows on top looking vivid and lasting longer without creases.
Soap and Glory Love at First Blush - (shade - Pink, pop and pearl) This blush, as with many soap and glory products are just beautiful to look at! But of course this blush is so pretty on the cheeks too, it's a little more subtle so I wear it a little higher on my cheeks as a highlighter also, as it has an iridescent look to it. Its quite a dusty Rosy colour when swirled together, because of the added light bronze which adds a healthy glow after all that matte finish make up.

These are my Autumn staples, in the next post I'll share some of my skin care picks of the season. Who else likes these products? Or does anyone have their own faves they'd like to share? Please comment below I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment